FIRST RULE OF THUMB: DON'T MAKE IT WORSE
The report is called America's Youngest Outcasts and can be found on their website.
It's great that the Township can choose to keep a roof over a child's head for one more month, but that's not enough. Here is the Center recommends for effectively addressing child homelessness and well-being, with which I agree:
Effective responses to child homelessness must include:
• Safe, affordable housing.
• Comprehensive needs assessments of all family members.
• Family-oriented services that incorporate trauma-informed care.
• Identification, prevention, and treatment of major depression in mothers.
• Parenting supports for mothers.
• Education and employment opportunities for parents.
• Further research to identify evidence-based programs and services for children and families.